*This selection is for the Final Exam only. Access to the book, Innovations in Clinical Practice: A 21st Century Sourcebook (Volume 1), is required to complete the exam. If you already have access to the book, click the "Buy" button above to continue. To purchase the complete Online Course, which includes a PDF of the book, click here.
A variety of experts present in the areas of: the psychological influences of and interventions for chronic pain; pharmacologic interventions for depression and anxiety; conditions of, assessment, and treatment options for sleep disorders; biofeedback technology in the clinical setting; anger management treatment techniques; Pro-Ana, anorexia nervosa, and how to work with the resistant client; the assessment and treatment of internet addiction; the clinical uses of mindfulness; the ethics of group therapy; applying risk management and ethical principles to your practice; working with Baby Boomers as caregivers for aging parents; prevention of bullying in high schools; combining neuroscience and psychotherapy; applying positive psychology for optimal functioning in older adults.
20 CE credits/hours (includes 2 documented ethics credits), 200 questions
Psychologists | School Psychologists | Marriage & Family Therapists | Mental Health Counselors | Social Workers
- Discuss the psychological influences and interventions of chronic pain.
- Describe the pharmacologic interventions for depression and anxiety.
- Identify conditions of, assessment, and treatment options for sleep disorders.
- Define biofeedback and psychology.
- Practice anger management treatment.
- Explain Pro-Ana and anorexia nervosa.
- Discuss the assessment and treatment of internet addiction.
- Recognize the clinical uses of mindfulness.
- Describe the ethics of group therapy.
- Identify risk management and ethical principles.
- Discuss Baby Boomers as caregivers for aging parents.
- Explain bullying prevention in high schools.
- Summarize combining neuroscience and psychotherapy.
- Describe positive psychology and optimal functioning.
Statement of Understanding (downloadable/printable)
"Innovations in Clinical Practice: A 21st Century Sourcebook (Volume 1)" - Final Exam Questions (downloadable/printable)