*This complete Online Course includes a PDF of the book, Innovations in Clinical Practice: A 21st Century Sourcebook (Vol 1), and the Final Exam. If you have access to the book and want to purchase the Final Exam only, click here.
A variety of experts present in the areas of: the psychological influences of and interventions for chronic pain; pharmacologic interventions for depression and anxiety; conditions of, assessment, and treatment options for sleep disorders; biofeedback technology in the clinical setting; anger management treatment techniques; Pro-Ana, anorexia nervosa, and how to work with the resistant client; the assessment and treatment of internet addiction; the clinical uses of mindfulness; the ethics of group therapy; applying risk management and ethical principles to your practice; working with Baby Boomers as caregivers for aging parents; prevention of bullying in high schools; combining neuroscience and psychotherapy; applying positive psychology for optimal functioning in older adults.
20 CE credits/hours (includes 2 documented ethics credits), 200 questions
Psychologists | School Psychologists | Marriage & Family Therapists | Mental Health Counselors | Social Workers
- Discuss the psychological influences and interventions of chronic pain.
- Describe the pharmacologic interventions for depression and anxiety.
- Identify conditions of, assessment, and treatment options for sleep disorders.
- Define biofeedback and psychology.
- Practice anger management treatment.
- Explain Pro-Ana and anorexia nervosa.
- Discuss the assessment and treatment of internet addiction.
- Recognize the clinical uses of mindfulness.
- Describe the ethics of group therapy.
- Identify risk management and ethical principles.
- Discuss Baby Boomers as caregivers for aging parents.
- Explain bullying prevention in high schools.
- Summarize combining neuroscience and psychotherapy.
- Describe positive psychology and optimal functioning.
Statement of Understanding (downloadable/printable)
PDF Book (downloadable/printable)
"Innovations in Clinical Practice: A 21st Century Sourcebook (Volume 1)" - Final Exam Questions (downloadable/printable)