***PLEASE NOTE: This requirement is for Florida LCSWs, LMHCs, and LMFTs ONLY. Telehealth is NOT required for out-of-state telehealth providers registered in Florida. Mental health professionals who are licensed in states which accept APA-approved sponsors will receive 3 CE Credits/Hours.***
*This complete Online Course includes a PDF of the book, Telehealth for the Mental Health Professions, and the Final Exam. If you have access to the book and want to purchase the Final Exam only, click here.
This outstanding resource will help you learn about the concepts of using technology in mental health. The author, Susan Litton, is a practicing psychologist and IT professional, and can convince you that using video and other technology is not quite as difficult or unsafe as you might have thought. Litton demonstrates the things that can truly be problematic and teaches you how to avoid them. When you finish this book, you should be able to display not only expertise in your virtual presence, but also competence in the standards and care of telehealth as it applies to your profession, including, but not limited to, topics such as:
• Security and transmission of digital data and information
• Telehealth standards of care
• Informed consent requirements for telehealth
• Interjurisdictional practice issues (primarily within the U.S. but touching on issues in other countries)
• Confidentiality as it applies to telehealth
• Issues around disposal of data and information
• Performing assessments with telehealth
• Diversity issues in telehealth
Once you understand the concepts, you will be able to make wise choices for using technology in your practice with whatever new thing comes along. Also, there is a focus on solutions, not just abstract concepts, and the reader will walk away with action-oriented plans you can begin to implement right away.
3 CE credits/hours, 27 questions
Psychologists | School Psychologists | Marriage & Family Therapists | Mental Health Counselors | Social Workers
- Identify the key components necessary to ensure telehealth delivery is HIPAA compliant.
- Assess methods used to ensure the privacy of clients while using a variety of digital products.
- Describe at least three best practices for achieving good quality video sessions while delivering telehealth to clients.
Statement of Understanding (downloadable/printable)
PDF Book (downloadable/printable)
"Telehealth for the Mental Health Professions" - Final Exam Questions (downloadable/printable)