Innovations in Clinical Practice: Focus on Groups, Couples, & Family Therapy (18 CE Credits/Hours) - Complete Program*
Exam questions based on material edited by Leon VandeCreek & Jeffery B. Allen
*This complete Online Course includes a PDF of the book, Innovations in Clinical Practice: Focus on Groups, Couples, & Family Therapy, and the Final Exam. If you have access to the book and want to purchase the Final Exam only, click here.
This program examines assessment and intervention techniques when more than one person is therapeutically involved. Topics covered include: treating antisocial youth and families; group treatment for children and adolescents with eating disorders; using emotionally focused family therapy; group treatment with older adults; techniques for preventing relapse in couples therapy; providing solution-focused premarital counseling; conducting multiple family group treatment for persons with schizophrenia; using narrative family therapy; treating family, groups, and individuals in cases of neurological impairment; conducting group therapy in private practice; organizing groups for disaster preparedness and response; using the Suicidal Adult Assessment Protocol (SAAP); group treatment of addiction using a cultural transformation approach; group counseling with African American college women.
18 CE credits/hours, 180 questions
Psychologists | School Psychologists | Marriage & Family Therapists | Mental Health Counselors | Social Workers
- group treatments for children and adolescents with eating disorders,
- group therapy with older adults,
- multiple family group treatment for persons with schizophrenia,
- conducting group therapy in private practice,
- disaster preparedness and response groups,
- group treatment of addictions, and
- group counseling with African-American women.
- treatment of antisocial youth and families,
- emotionally focused family therapy,
- narrative family therapy, and
- family treatment for persons with neurological impairments.
- relapse prevention in couples therapy,
- solution-focused premarital counseling, and
- marital distress prevention programs.
Statement of Understanding (downloadable/printable)
PDF Book (downloadable/printable)
"Innovations in Clinical Practice: Focus on Groups, Couples, & Family Therapy" - Final Exam Questions (downloadable/printable)
Leon VandeCreek, PhD, ABPP
Jeffery B. Allen, PhD, ABPP-CN